British Asians included in Queen’s honours list 2018
London : The 2018 New Year’s Queen’s honours list has been published. This prestigious honour list is given in every two years to the people contributing Britain in extra ordinary manner.
The list features numerous British Asians who are individuals that have delivered immense services in areas of Business, Technology, Art and Sports and will be honoured with the British Empire medal and title in the coming months.
The titles they receive include Commanders of the Order of the British Empire (CBE), Officers of the Order of the British Empire (OBE), and Medallist of the Order of the British Empire (BEM) among others.
A total of 1123 will receive awards and 9.2% candidates are from a BAME background, 551 women are recognised in the list representing 49% of the total.
The British Asians who have been recognised in the 2018 New Year’s Honours List include:
Dames Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE)
- Professor Pratibha Laxman GAI Professor and Chair of Electron Microscopy, University of York. For services to Chemical Sciences and Technology.
Commanders of the Order of the British Empire (CBE)
- Ms Nuzhat SALEH Assistant Director, Directorate of Legal (Mrs Gould) Services, Metropolitan Police Service. For services to Policing.
Officers of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)
- Raja Mohammed ADIL Chairman, The Adil Group. For services to Business, Job Creation and charity.
- Jarnail Singh ATHWAL Founder and Managing Director, Premier Decorations Ltd. For services to Business and charity.
- Professor Charanjit BOUNTRA Professor of Translational Medicine, University of Oxford. For services to Translational Medical Research.
- Suranga CHANDRATILLAKE, FREng General Partner, Balderton Capital. For services
to Engineering and Technology.
- Ranjit Lal DHEER For services to Local Government and to charity.
- Dr Shabana Rounak HAQUE Head, Government Science and Engineering Profession Team, Government Office for Science. For services to Civil Service Science and the Engineering Profession.
- Rilesh Kumar JADEJA National Access to Work Delivery Manager, Department for Work and Pensions. For services to People with Disabilities.
- Ms Aina KHAN For services to the Protection of Women and Children in Unregistered Marriages.
- Ms Paromita KONAR-THAKKAR Deputy Director, Energy Economics and Analysis, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. For services to Energy Analysis.
- Dr Rajan MADHOK Trustee, Darlinda’s Charity for Renal Research. For services to Renal Research and Tackling Health Inequalities in Scotland.
- Ms Vinodka MURRIA For services to the UK Digital Economy and Advancing Women in the Software Sector.
- Jaswant, Mrs RAMEWAL Grade 6, Ministry of Defence. For services to Defence.
- Naymitkumar SHAH Manager, International Liaison Officer, National Crime Agency. For services to Law Enforcement and Diversity.
Members of the Order of the British Empire (MBE)
- Dr Anwara ALI General Practitioner, The Spitalfields Practice, East London. For services to Community Healthcare.
- Afrasiab ANWAR For services to Community Cohesion in Burnley.
- Onkardeep Singh BHATIA For services to the community particularly Young People.
- Councillor Balwant Singh CHADHA Lately Councillor, North Lanarkshire Council. For services to Local Government and Community Cohesion in the West of Scotland.
- Bobby Gurbhej Singh DEV For services to Young People in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
- Ms Neelam FARZANA Co-founder and Managing Director, The Listening Service. For services to Mental Health in the Community.
- Mohammad Yaqub JOYA For services to the Army and the Muslim community in Northern Ireland.
- Alexander KHAN Chief Executive Officer, Lifetime Training. For services to Apprenticeships.
- Ms Sadi KHAN (SAJDAH MEHMOOD) For services to Cultural and Religious Training and voluntary service to Vulnerable Women.
- Sajda, Mrs MAJEED For services to the community in Burnley.
- Atulkumar Bhogilal PATEL For services to Heritage and the community in the East Midlands.
- Mubeen Yunus PATEL Administrative Officer, Personal Tax Operations, HM Revenue and Customs. For services to Public Sector Digital Transformation Programme.
- Naeem Rabbani QURESHI For services to the community in Sparkbrook, Birmingham.
- Gurmit Singh RANDHAWA For services to Community Cohesion in the Vale of Glamorgan.
- Dr Mehool Harshadray SANGHRAJKA For services to the Jain Faith and Education.
- Shyamal Kanti SENGUPTA For services to Interfaith Relations in Renfrewshire.
- Vikas Sagar SHAH Member, Industrial Development Advisory Board and Chief Executive Officer, Swiscot Group. For services to Business and the Economy.
- Ms Summera Naheed SHAHEEN Owner, The Diamond Studio. For services to Business and the community in Glasgow.
- Dr Rohit SHANKAR Consultant in Adult Developmental Psychiatry, Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. For services to People with Learning Disabilities in Cornwall.
- Dr Sanjiv Kumar SHRIDHAR General Practitioner, Nantwich, Cheshire. For services to Primary Care.
- Dr Seema SRIVASTAVA Safety Programme and Falls Lead, North Bristol NHS Trust. For services to Improving Quality and Patient Safety
Medallist of the Order of the British Empire (BEM)
- Kulbir Singh BRAR Community and Diversity Officer, Thames Valley Police. For services to Community Cohesion.
- Ms Buldev Kaur Angela KANDOLA Founder, AWAAZ charity. For services to Vulnerable People with Mental Health Issues.
- Subhash Chander MAHAJAN For services to the community in Hounslow.
- Manju, Mrs RAJAWAT Higher Officer, Border Force, Home Office. For services to Border Security.
- Dr Suryadevara Yadu Porna Chandra Prasad RAO Lately Chair, Stoke on Trent Clinical Commissioning Group. For services to Health and Care.
- Asish Jaidev SONI For voluntary and charitable services to Homeless People in London.
- Deviesh TANKARIA International Youth Chairman, Sathya Sai International Organisation. For voluntary service.
Twice a year the Queen’s special Honours List celebrates men and women across the UK.