Embassy of Nepal to UK promoting “Visit Nepal 2020” through a volunteer network from Nepalese community living in Britain
London: Embassy of Nepal to the UK has formed a high-level committee to promote “Visit Nepela 2020” campaign under the coordination of Nepalese Envoy Dr. Durga Bahadur Subedi.
The committee was formed carefully after the consultation with community leaders and obtaining prior consent from the members of the respected committees, Counsellor of the Embassy and the member secretary of the High-Level Tourism Promotion Committee Mr. Sharad Raj Aran Said.
Most of the community leaders from the Nepalese community living in Britain were invited inclusively in Embassy to be a part of the program.
Delivering a welcome speech in the program, Ambassador of Nepal to the U.K., HE Dr. Durga Bahadur Subedi highlighted that Nepal government has set a target to bring 2 million tourists from around the world and celebrate the year 2020 as a “Visit Nepal Year”.
To support this government’s tourism promotion plan, the Embassy of Nepal to the U.K. has formed a High-Level Tourism Promotion Committee to encourage and mobilize the local Nepalese community residing in the U.K.
The embassy has formed 22 different committees in order to promote Nepal Governments ambitious plan to bring 2 million tourists during the year 2020. The embassy itself has aimed to send 100,000 tourists from the UK to Nepal during this the year 2019 and 2020.
According to Sharad Raj Aran, The consular and the member secretary of the High-level tourism promotion committee 2020, following people are nominated in the respected committee as per their expertise:
- Marketing and publicity department: Coordinator: Naresh Khapangi Magar , Vice coordinators: Bipin Niraula, Sanjay Bhakta Kandel, Secretary: Pramila Labuhang Rai.
- Professional coordination committee: Coordinator: RK Tripathi, Vice coordinator: Dr. Kamal Aryal, Binod Bikash Simkhada , Secretary: Maya KC
- Travel & Tours coordination committee: Coordinator: Biraj Bhatta; Vice coordinator: Abhishekh Bhattarai Secretary: Santoah Karki
- Adventurous Tourism promotion committee: Coordinator: Som Sapkota, Vice coordinator: Sana Sherpa, Man Prashad Gurung , Secretary: Pandav Mahato
- Nepalese culinary tourism promotion team : Coordinator: Krishna Timelsina, Vice coordinator: Yadav Bhandari, Secretary: Binod Baral
- Indigenous people cultural Tourism promotion team: Coordinator: Khushi Limbu, Vice coordinators: Min Bahadur Gurung, Dharma Tamang, Secretary: Bimala Sene
- Sports Tourism promotion committee: Coordinator: Navin Gurung, Vice coordinator: Hyary Gurung, Siddhartha Vikram Chhetri , Secretary: Prashant Kunwar
- Tourism promotion team through Art, performance, and movie: Coordinator: Sanam Kumar Bairag, Vice-coordinators: Prem Lama, Gyanendra Raut, Dhruba Dutta, Secretary: Nikesh Limbu
- Music and entertainment : Coordinator: Sappan Kumar Rai , Vice coordinator: Chok Gurung , Simmy Pun, Secretary: BC Rai
- Women coordination team: Coordinator: Punam Gurung , Vice coordinator: Prasuna Kandel, Anjana Gurung Secretary: Binu Lamichhane
- Youth Mobilisation Committee : Coordinator: Ojesh Singh, Vice Coordinator: Jagan Karki, Nesha Gurung, Pratima Joshi , Secretary: Anusha Ghising
- Student Coordination Committee : Coordinator: Pawan Kandel, Vice Coordinator: Bishnu Gaire, Tenisha Rana, Secretary: Srijana Gurung
- Social Media mobilization committee: Coordinator: Anjan Bagale, Vice Coordinators: Everest Gautam, Narendra Basnet, Secretary: Prakash Neupane
- Business and trade cooperation committee: Coordinator: Kamal Bhandari, Vice coordinators: Rabi Lamichhane, Bikash Nepal, Bhim Saru, Secretary: Deepak Shrestha
- Literature coordination committee : Coordinator: Komal Prashad Shresth Malla, Vice Coordinators: Sumal Kumar Gurung, Bikal Chandra Acharya, Manoj Anjan, Secretary: Bijaya Hitan
- The religious Tourism promotion committee: Coordinator: Surya Prashad Upadhyaya, Vice coordinator: Nilhari Ghimire, Shiba Bhandari, Secretary: Govinda Nepal
- Nepali dress and culture promotion: Coordinator: Sushil Prajapati, Vice Coordinator: Anju Tamang, Bhakta Darji, Secretary: Manisha Dangol
- Cultural tourism promotion team: Coordinator: Sushila Rai, Vice Coordinators: Bhagya Narayan Shah, Dambar Singh Prayas, Secretary: Sharmila Singh Shah
- England coordination committee: Coordinator: Shree Prashad Jabegu, Vice Coordinator: Saindra KC, Devi Maya Pun, Gyan Tamang , Secretary: Meelan Ghimire
- Wales coordination committee : Coordinator: Khushiman Gurung, Vice coordinators: Mahadev Thapa Secretary: Shobha Rana Pokharel
- Scotland coordination committee : Coordinator: Bimal Giri, Vice Coordinators: Krishna Devkota, Dr Bhaskar Adhikari , Secretary: Prakash Aryal
- Northern Ireland coordination committee : Coordinator: Narayan Kunwar, Vice coordinator: Laxman Chimoriya , Vijaya Karki Thapa, Secretary: Santosh Gaire
According to the embassy source, all the respected committees above can perform the activities to promote tourism from their level with the help and support from the Embassy. Any interested people aiming to volunteer and participate within any of the above committees can contact the embassy.
The idea of forming a High-level tourism committee has given an opportunity to most of the Nepalese people living in the UK to volunteer and serve their motherland. It has also provided them a sense of ownership on this noble cause. It is a great idea implemented by HE Dr. Subedi in order to use the resources in an effective manner which can be benchmarked by many diplomatic missions of Nepal abroad, RK Tripathi, General Secretary of NRNA UK stated.